Hey I’m Darlene! I've been an avid gymnast my whole life. I had practiced yoga asana here and there but it wasnt until 2018 that I took a deep dive into the practice, utilizing it as an outlet, and a means to process some major life events. The way that moving through creative flows, practicing breathwork and feeling my own practice evolve unearthed a passion for yoga that I know will be lifelong.
Through getting my 200 hr Yoga Teacher Certification I was able to dive into the history, philosophy, and anatomy of yoga and became even more infatuated with all that yoga is to me, and what in turn I can offer to you.
The yoga community in San Diego has felt like a generous open invitation to me since I moved here in 2021. As I continue to learn and grow myself, I look forward to extending all that I know, and so much of what Yoga is, to each of you at Awarewolf!
Come Take a Class with Me!
Get to Know Me:
We asked each of our teachers the same 10 questions. Read on to learn more about Darlene.
1. What’s your spirit animal and why?
I’d say a Hawk- they seem to give off this sense of freedom and no one questions them. They are bad ass hunters but also sit quietly looking majestic in trees plotting their next move….
2. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A vet. But then I learned it’s not just letting animals all day 😬
3. If you could have one super power what would it be?
To be able to teleport anywhere.
4. What’s your favorite place to eat in San Diego? What do you order?
Bangkok spices Thai in North Park, get the Jungle curry, it’s the BEST.
5. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
Can’t pick just one, so simple things like Seeing a pretty flower with a bee on it, or the ocean.. or deeper things like having a convo with a close friend laughing about something only we think is funny.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world other than San Diego, where would it be?
7. What type of music/DJ/band gets you dancing?
Love some EDM- all the types or some emo/screamo lesgoooo!!!!
8. What is something that fills you with purpose?
Learning something new/finding new passions. Then sharing what I’ve learned with others.
9. What are 3 personal rituals that you do everyday and why?
Sip coffee barefoot outside. Mindful Walks with pup outdoors and some sort of physical activity.
10. What is one quote or piece of positive advice you’d like to share?
The good ol Paulo Coelho quote:
“When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it”